Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review: The Last Blind Date by Linda Yellin

Summary: A fun, charming memoir about a woman who falls in love, packs her bags, and starts over in the city that eats its young.


Review: I normally don't read memoirs, but this one looked so cute that I decided to give it a try when I had the opportunity to read it. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot! The author, Linda, is a very likable person and following her through her trials with relationships was great. Usually I don't like reading books about older couples either, but with this one it really opened my eyes to how relationships really aren't that different no matter how old you are. It was really sad in the beginning how her relationship with Teddy didn't work out, but Randy is a pretty awesome guy. Her perspective as a stepmother was also nice to see because people don't normally think of how hard it would be to become a stepmother to kids who are already pretty old. What I like most, though, was how LInda's attitude towards New York. I had no idea that people in Chicago and New York view each other as so different because to me, they're both city people. Linda's commentary on everything was funny and charming and the overall story was really sweet. So if you're in the mood for a real life love story, you should try to pick this one up.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Thanks for the recommendation. A fun memoir I read recently was called, "My Year With Eleanor" by Noelle Hancock. She turns 30 and starts to face fears....like skydiving, death (by volunteering at a morgue), confronting an ex.....etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...