Monday, February 13, 2012

Book Review: Loves Me, Love Me Knot by Heidi Betts

Loves Me, Loves Me Knot
By Heidi Betts
Release Date: August 4, 2009
Summary: Jenna Langan knows what she wants, and as she tells her best friends after their weekly knitting group, she doesn't need a man to give it to her...only a few of his best swimmers. And just because her marriage to undercover vice cop Gage Marshall ended badly doesn't mean he can't still give her the baby she's always wanted. In fact, she's willing to bet a couple of her favorite hand-knit boas that she can tie him up in knots he'll definitely enjoy...
An unexpected seduction is one thing, but stud service? No, thank you. Gage had his reasons for pulling the plug on his happily ever after with Jenna, and nothing that's happened since their divorce has changed his mind. That is, until Jenna got it into her head to tie him up and drag him down. Now he has no choice but to stick around until he knows for sure if his ex-wife is pregnant. But the more time he spends with Jenna, the more his resolve begins to unravel...

Review: I have recently become obsessed with knitting, so when I saw this on the shelf at the library, I knew I had to read it. And boy did I enjoy it! The beginning of the book kind of dragged on, but once the story got out of that rut and got moving, I just couldn't stop reading it! I ended up finishing this book in one day because every time I put it down, I had to pick it back up to see what would happen next. 

Jenna and Gage hadn't spoken to each other in 18 months, after Gage told Jenna he didn't want children and they divorced. I normally don't like books about people who have been together then separated, then rekindle what they had, but this was definitely not the case. Jenna's Aunt Charlotte has a "magical" loom that will bring love to whoever knits with the yarn made from it, so she makes a special batch just for Jenna. While Charlotte is away for two weeks, Jenna stays in her house and after 18 months without speaking to Gage, one drunken night pushes Jenna to bring Gage back into her life. Jenna and Gage have clearly always been crazy about each other and still are despite their time apart, so as a reader I got really into rooting for them to finally kiss and make up. 

I loved the fact that Gage was a big, bad cop who has a lot of baggage from his undercover experience. That, along with his tattoos and motorcycle, makes him so dangerous yet irresistible. Even though Jenna is the complete opposite, being a teacher and a tiny woman, they seem completely perfect for each other. I loved them together and had to keep reading to see how things would turn out in the end. 

I haven't read the first book in the series, and I kind of wish I had. This book can be read just fine on it's own, but I would have loved to see how Ronnie and Dylan had gotten together because they are so adorable in the book. I loved how the story mainly focused on Jenna and Gage, but also gave the reader insight into the love lives of Jenna's two knitting buddies and best friends. I'm excited to read the other books of this series because this one was just so cute and lovable. Some things could have been different, but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless.




1 comment:

  1. this looks delightful..i have read quite a few romance books that involve knitting..will ck this one out for sure

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...