Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 1 and 2


I've seen this challenge around other blogs today and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun! Today is day two of the challenge hosted by Good Books and Good Wine, so I figured I could start today without being too much behind. So here are the topics/answers for days 1 and 2 :)

Day One: Make 15 Book Related Confessions
1) I always write reviews right after I read a book. I hate waiting to write the review because I love getting it up the next day or sometime that week, so I rarely have book reviews planned super ahead in advance. What you see posted will most likely be what I have just finished reading. 

2) I get very nervous and antsy when I let someone borrow my books. I try to avoid it at all costs, even when it comes to my sister borrowing books. She once dropped my copy of Twilight in the bathtub (back before the movie when the book was actually good) and I was so mad that my dad actually bought me another copy. Since then, I've been scared to death of lending my precious books out to anyone. 

3) I have a slight obsession with Half Price Books. I've gotten at least half of the books I own from the sale wall. YA books and adult paperbacks are only $1! You can't get much better than that. 

4) If a book has a pretty cover, I'll read it. Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) I won't even read the back cover before reading it. Haha, sometimes I'm in for quite a surprise when I start a book. 

5) I HAVE to finish a book. Even if I'm not a fan of the story, I'll skim the rest of the book until the very end. For some reason, as soon as I get past the first page it's like I've invested so much time that it feels like such a waste if I put it down. 

6) The library is my best friend. I love spending at least an hour there, just looking at all the shelves and finding fun, new books to take home to read that I didn't even know existed. 

7) When I meet someone who reads YA like me, I get way too excited. I start spewing out all of my favorite authors and can't wait to hear what authors they like too. 

8) I love it when the main character has similar hobbies to me. If they run, bake, or read, there's absolutely no question that I'll like them. 

9) I get super jealous when looking at other blogs' book haul posts. There are so many good books out there and I want them all!

10) I've never been to ALA or an author event. I would absolutely love to do one of these in the near future though! I always get jealous when I see all of the amazing events other bloggers go to. Here's hoping I can attend one this year. 

11) I always read before bed. I don't remember the last time I actually fell asleep when I wanted to. I normally end up waking up around 3 am with my light still on and my book closed by my side. Whoops. 

12) I used to read the end of the book once I got a chapter or two into the story. I would think I knew what was going to happen, so I'd look and see if my guess was right. Thankfully, I've grown out of that habit and now I wait to be surprised at the end. 

13) I'd rather buy a paperback/hardback copy of a book over an e-copy. Yes, the e-book is cheaper, but I don't feel like I actually own the book. If I'm going to spend money, it will be on the physical book where I can put it on my bookshelf and admire how pretty it is. 

14) When I get requests to review books by authors that I really really love, I do a little happy dance and run and tell my sister about it. No matter how many requests I get, the exciting, giddy feeling never gets old. 

15) I'm obsessed with romance. Whether it's historical, paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi, or mystery. If there's romance, I'm bound to love, or at least really really like, the book. 


Day Two: What's Your Bedtime Reading Ritual?
Haha, I read every single night before I go to bed. Once I'm done watching TV with my family (since it's summer and that's all it seems I do), I head to my room, turn on my bedside lamp, and snuggle up under my covers with my book. Depending on how good the book is and how tired I am, I'll stay up anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours reading. The only thing that stays the same is that I'll fall asleep while reading. Normally, I'll wake up around 2 or 3 am with my lamp still on, my neck feeling super sore, and my book closed next to me (with the bookmark in the back). I'll throw my book on the floor, turn off the light, then go right back to sleep. Last year I had the top bunk in my dorm room and had woken up super early in the morning and could not find my Nook anywhere. I almost had a heart attack because I had thought it fell off the bed, but then I found it under the covers right next to me. Nothing like a wake up call to think you completely shattered your Nook! 

So that's my bed time reading ritual! Do you guys read before bed? 

1 comment:

  1. Love your list! I wish I wrote book reviews right after finishing. I usually like to stew over them and sometimes wait so long that I've forgotten half the things I want to say. I've never been to a blogger event either, but I'm hoping that I will soon since I am a librarian-looking-for-work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...