Thursday, April 24, 2014

World Book Night 2014


Yesterday was World Book Night and it was an absolute blast! This is my third year as a book giver for World Book Night and I can't believe how far it's come! This year, it occurred on Shakespeare's birthday and over 500,000 books were given out. I was given 20 copies of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs to give out to people. I was so excited to get this book because, while I haven't read it, I've heard it's awesome and that cover is just too cool not to love. 


I went to my film studies class on Monday morning with a bag loaded up with all of my copies of this book (you try walking 20 minutes to class with a bag that felt like it weighed fifty pounds…pretty hard! But so worth it!). Good thing I was given such a creepy book (it's about a boy who discovers the abandoned home for peculiar children) because almost everyone in my class loves horror/thriller kinds of movies. While I'm not sure if Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is that scary, they all were really excited about the book and took a copy home with them. I even started talking with some of my classmates about the books they've read and loved, and it was so fun! Nothing beats talking about books you love with other people. Yay spreading the love of reading!

I had a few extra copies left after my film studies class, so I took them to my next class (my grammar class) and gave them to a bunch of my fellow English Ed students who were excited to add this book to their growing classroom libraries, which we've all starting to obsessively hoard books for. Overall, I was so excited to see everyone who received this book excited for the chance to read it. I hope they all enjoy the book and that everyone around the US felt the magic of World Book Night as well! 


1 comment:

  1. I wasn't really that familiar with World Book Night, but what a great idea! I think it's awesome that books are given out and the love of reading is shared with others. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...