Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (159)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Wildlife
By Fiona Wood
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Summary: During a semester in the wilderness, sixteen-year-old Sib expects the tough outdoor education program and the horrors of dorm life, but friendship drama and an unexpected romance with popular Ben Capaldi? That will take some navigating.

New girl Lou has zero interest in fitting in, or joining in. Still reeling from a loss that occurred almost a year ago, she just wants to be left alone. But as she witnesses a betrayal unfolding around Sib and her best friend Holly, Lou can't help but be drawn back into the land of the living.

Fans of Melina Marchetta, Rainbow Rowell, and E. Lockhart will adore this endearing and poignant story of first love, true friendship, and going a little bit wild.


--------------------------------------

The very first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. The colors and the fonts are so pretty! I didn't even look at the summary before I added it to my to-read list. Going onto the summary, this one sounded like such a fun book. I love how it takes place at an outdoor education program where the main character finds romance. The summary does hint at a bit of a serious storyline with Lou's loss, which makes it seem even more interesting. What happened, and how does her new friendship with Sib and Holly help heal her hurt? I guess I"ll have to wait and see to find out! 

4 comments:

  1. I think I saw this on NetGalley recently. It sounds like it may be an emotional read. I hope you enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read but maybe a little emotional too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's new to me, but not really my kind of read. But still hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of it! But it seems really good! I want to read it as well now :)
    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...