Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back to School…As a Teacher!


All of my life I've been a student, but I've always known what I wanted to be when I grew up: A teacher. Last week, I started my first day of school as a teacher and it couldn't have been more terrifying and exciting all at the same time. I had spent the week before decorating my classroom and making it as bright and inviting as I could. I wanted my students to see how much I love English and I wanted them to feel upbeat when they walked into my room. 

In my classroom, I put up some posters I had gotten for my college dorm room (like The Breakfast Club and The Princess Bride) as well as small posters I've been collecting from my local movie theater ever since high school. I also brought two tubs full of YA books that I've kept over the years from blogging and from various book sales that filled up the two bookcases I have in the back of my room. You think they can tell I love books and movies? 

While I'm only three days in, I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me. I'm teaching 10th grade English and my kids are already adorable. I know that not every day will be the best day and there will definitely be more challenging moments, but I couldn't be more excited. Here's to a fantastic first year of teaching! 


5 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks so fun! I love all of the posters. Awesome that you are going to keep so many books in the classroom for your kids. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any more books--I'm always happy to give my books to teachers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jessica! I hope you love it and I'm sure your students will too. Like Becky said, let me know if you need more books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You’ll be a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So exciting to start something new. Your classroom looks so good!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions.
    Soccer Training
    Online Poker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...