Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (218)



This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Starflight 
By Melissa Landers
Release Date: February 2, 2016
Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world--and each other--the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe


-----------------------------------

I have been extremely fortunate to have been able to meet Melissa Landers not once, but twice in the past two years. She always attends Books By the Banks, an amazing author event held in Cincinnati, OH. When I was there last month, Melissa told me that I looked familiar and I completely had a heart attack. She remembered me from last year! This year, we chatted about her Alienated series and then she told me all about her new book, which I had no idea about. She told me it was a mix between the movie Overboard and the TV show Firefly. Little did she know, I LOVE Overboard and actually watched it a ton when I was younger. Gotta love a super young Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn! While I haven't seen Firefly, I have definitely been interested in watching the show for awhile now. Needless to say, the comparison to those two stories has me beyond excited to pick up this book. February can't come soon enough! 

6 comments:

  1. Nice! So looking forward to this one! Actually just preordered it yesterday!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick!! This one is already on my TBR list as well. I loved I Alienated and already have a copy of Invaded. I can't wait to start her new series. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WOW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/11/waiting-on-wednesday-crown-by-kiera-cass.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pick. This one is totally new to me. Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    Happy Reading

    Here is my WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool tat you've met her twice now! I loved Overboard too, but know nothing about Firefly. This book sounds really, really good though, so I'm adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! I loved Alienated and even though I haven't read Invaded yet I'm excited for Starflight :)

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to read more!! I just started reading books before 5 year. I got much benefit from reading. For this reason i became a good writer and giving good resumes and CV as a writer of best resume writing service to all professionals.Please mind to share more books. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...