Friday, January 6, 2017

Book Review: The Allure of Dean Harper by RS Grey

The Allure of Dean Harper (The Allure #2)
By RS Grey
Release Date: September 28, 2015
Source: Amazon
From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You're a flippin' idiot


Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you're enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why?

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word "no" when it's followed by "don't stop."

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil...and before you say anything, I don't care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn't for sale.

Regretfully yours,
Lily

After absolutely gobbling up The Allure of Julian Lefray and meeting the the best friends of the main characters, I didn't hesitate to pick up this book. Dean sounded like he was going to be a fun protagonist and I couldn't wait for the hate to love relationship he would have with Lily!

After her best friend, Jo, moved to New York, Lily knew that she was going to follow at some point. And that time is now. As a food critic blogger, Lily wants to work in the restaurant industry, but finding work in New York is hard. Jo's new boyfriend's best friend happens to be the owner of many restaurants, but he also happens to be arrogant and impossible to work with. Dean will do anything to create the most successful restaurants in the city and while he knows Lily is the answer to creating them, he can't stand to be around her. Fighting between the desire to yell at her and kiss her, Dean hires Lily to consult with him on the newest restaurant he's opening. The more they work together, though, the more they argue and want to rip off each other's clothes. 

Okay, this book was awesome. I absolutely loved the banter between Lily and Dean and how much they couldn't stand each other. Of course, they also had an insane attraction for one another that made them hate each other even more. I really loved Dean's character in Juilan's book and watching him turn from a cocky guy to someone who is really harsh and hard on Lily was so entertaining. He becomes a different person because Lily grates on his nerves so much, but he can't deny how helpful she is to her business or how attracted he is to her. 

Not only did I love Dean, but I also really loved Lily's character. She was so excited to go to New York to be with Jo, but since Jo was all madly in love with Julian, she found herself alone a lot of the time. I really enjoyed watching her hold her own with Dean while trying to prove that she was cut out to work for him and make it in New York. Like I said, I loved their banter and how much she pushed Dean. And when they got together? Talk about explosive!

Overall, I loved this book even more than the first one and fell in love with the heated relationship between Dean and Lily. If you haven't picked this fun, entertaining series up, you must! Full of banter, lovable protagonists, and sexy times, you don't want to miss these books!



2 comments:

  1. hahaha. Dean would have been a nightmare boss for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good rom/com and your review of The Allure of Julian Grey and this review convinced to buy both books..so that has happened, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...